|Introduction and overview of Independent School Review features||The options and benefits of scoring management practice|
|Help, advice and guidance||Managing performance using balanced scorecard principles|
|The self-evaluation structure||Outputs from the Balanced Scorecard feature|
|Department self-evaluation and improvement||Strategic analysis using S.W.O.T. principles|
|Collated self-evaluation and improvement options at school level|
Introduction and overview of Independent School Review features
Click to enlarge
|Independent School Review is designed to support a range of self-evaluation and performance management processes in Independent Schools.
It is recognised that schools will not use all the features, initially, and this guidance seeks to introduce the features in the order that they will probably be adopted.
In respect of key management processes, Independent School Review seeks to:
1. support the introduction and maintenance of annual self-evaluation and improvement process in both academic and non-academic departments. This is probably the first area of use for Independent School Review;
2. support the collation of self evaluation information to create an annual self-evaluation report for the school as a whole. This report may form the basis of a self-evaluation reports for Inspectors from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) and for boarding schools from CSCI.
3. provide, for those schools that are more advanced, a framework for measuring the management practice of departments so that their practice can be compared with differences being debated to identify best practice which can be shared to support further improvement.
4. provide a comprehensive self-assessment structure which not only helps the school to addresses the criteria of the ISI and CSCI inspection frameworks but also to address, through cross referencing, other relevant, external quality standards.
5. support, in time, the management of school performance using Balanced Scorecard, or 'traffic light', principles. These principles are being used , increasingly, in both the public and private sectors in the UK. The Scorecard area of Independent School Review provides a balanced scorecard performance management framework.
6. support the analysis of strategy using S.W.O.T. principles and plan for change. Analysis of school strategy and identification of necessary strategic change is important to senior management and governors in Independent Schools.
|For product background details, prices etc. go to the website product page. Click here to download Independent School Review 3.4 and here to access a rapid software evaluation routine in .pdf format for department self-evaluation and click here to access a rapid software evaluation routine in .pdf format for school performance management|